RC-Timing 2023 is now available
New features for RC-Timing 2023
The new Timetable Calculator makes it much easier to set the times for your Meeting:
There are a few limitations at the moment:
- The Round Lengths are estimated for Practice, Qualifying and Finals.
- Experiment with different Round Gaps to get the desired Round Length.
- Set the Start Time, and see the overall Meeting End Time.
- Easily add the Timetable to race listing Notes; just click the Insert Timetable button on the Notes screen.
- It works best for one-day meetings. You may be able to work around this by setting long gaps before Quali and Finals to spread the meeting over multiple days. If not, the calculated Round Lengths will still make it easier to manually create a timetable.
- It assumes all finals have the same number of legs. If you are manually running 3-leg A-Finals it will over estimate the End Time.
- At the start of the day it assumes there will be the same number of Practice, Qualifying and Finals heats. E.g:
- If you have 10 heats, it assumes there will be 10 finals.
- If you know there will only be 8 finals, the Final Round Length and End Time will be over estimates.
- If you have a round gap, you can adjust the Final Round Gap in the Timetable to compensate.
- Once the finals are sorted, the Timetable will then use the correct number of finals and show the correct Round Length and End Time.
- The Timetable does not update live. If you have a delay or races take longer than expected, it will not update.
You can tweak the Start Time or Gaps to account for any delays and still show the correct End Time.
Other New Features
- Up to 20 classes can now be used (previous limit was 12).
- The 'Exclude' check-box on the Driver Details screen now ignores the driver when adding Championship points. Some possible uses:
- Disqualify a driver for a rules breach during the finals.
- Ignore a driver who is not running to club rules, while still letting them race.
- Ignore a visiting factory driver.
- Only set this AFTER sorting the finals, otherwise RC-Timing will excude them from the finals sort, which is the original purpose for this box.
- Overall final results are only called after the last leg of each final.
- Better default settings are picked for new Championships.
- 'Loop-in-grid' detection limit raised from 2.0s to 2.75s.
Download the update here