Vostok Decoder Support
The Vostok Decoder can be used with RC-Timing 2022 and later (v8.1+), with the following limitations and warnings:
- The Vostok Decoder should only be used for club-level events. It is not suitable for large or BRCA sanctioned events due to the other limitations listed.
- The Vostok Decoder does not implement the 'handshake' procedure that RC-Timing normally uses to make sure a decoder is connected and working at the start of each race.
- Therefore, RC-Timing will start the race even if the decoder is disconnected. So you must always do some transponder tests or run the practice timing before starting racing.
- Only laps longer than 3.2 seconds will be counted, so the decoder is not suitable for very short ovals.
- Around 3% of transponders will fail to count. Vostok do not know the reason for this, and suggest clubs have some working loan transponders available for visiting racers.
- Mylaps RC4 'purcy' transponders will also not count.
- Any issues must be reported to Vostok. We can't help with missed laps, ignored transponders, connection issues etc.